This discussion is archived
Discussion
2 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2005 10:39 AM by Guest RSS

Competition Analysis of the Lightning Sector (NACE 315)

Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am a student from Belgium and I have to do a paper on the lightning industry. But i'm having a lot of difficulties finding data.

The facts i need are:

Worldwide top 8 of 2003

European top 5 of 2003

The data has to be based on the production (in EUR of USD) and the data has to be consolidated (for exemple: all the philips companys have to be summed and then compared with other companys. )

Can someone help me with finding data? Other reports?...

thx!

derby

• 1. RE: Competition Analysis of the Lightning Sector (NACE 315)

Don't know if it's of any help but for lamp companies, I expect the top four would be GE, Phillips, Osram and Ushio. After this and much dependant upon the lamp type, perhaps say alphabetically from my own list of those I'm aware of:

Aerotech

Amglo www.amglo.com

Abco/Westinghouse www.westinghouselightbulbs.com

ARC/HOLL

Bulbrite www.bulbrite.com

Daymax/Wolfram/ORC/Perkin Elmer www.optoelectronics.perkenelmer.com

Dabmar www.dabmar.com

Dura Lamp www.duralamp.com

Eiko/Wiko www.eiko-ltd.com

EYE Lighting International www.eyelighting.com

File Leuch www.leuchi.it

Feit Electric www.feitelectric.com

Landlite www.landlite.com

Lirw-Tronics www.litetronics.com

Lumiram Electric/Chroalux www.lumiram.com

Mule Lighting www.mulelighting.com

Norman Lamps www.normanlamps.com

PEC www.peclamp.com

Reflekto/Ushio www.blv.co.uk/contents.htm

Satco www.satco.com

Sival, Inc www.sivalinc.com

Sunbrite LED www.ledlamps.us

Thorn/GE www.thornlightingco.uk

Venture www.venturelighting.com

This is certainly not the know all and end all in manufacturers but perhaps a good start in reference. Lamp Lite for instance amongst many many others are also on the market in either being on their own or in part on their own as per Reflekto but also owned in part by a larger company. GE for instance bought out Koto another good company but they might be back in a few yearsagain on thieir own. For Xenon lamps for instance there might e LTI, ORC, Hanovia, Osram, Phillips, CPI, Christie, GE and Yumex.

Following Ushio, Yumex it would seem by article I was forwarded last week is number two, yet neither are big in incandescent lamps. Should you wish, contact me off line and I will forward the article citing this which perhaps might be of help in it or for more info as publication.

Beyond all of this, one might cite GE, Phillips, Osram/Sylvania and Ushio to be the top four.

• 2. Competition Analysis of the Lightning Sector

Hi Derby

i am in the same situation as you are, i am doing a paper about the european lighting industry, but i can't find any information either . I can see that you posted you question about a month ago and i was wondreing if you have found data?

Thomas

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...